Thursday, November 19, 2009

Out and About


"Crime Doesn't Pay, But It Does Charge Admission"

Wow, we have been busy.  Reese has been having longer visits with her mom so, I have had time to catch up on school work (i should be writing a paper right this minute) and spend some time with the people I love.  Two weeks ago, my mom took off a day of work while Reese was away and we went to the Indiana Welcome Center and visited the John Dillinger Museum.  We ended up spending 2 hours there - they have the wooden gun that he escaped from Crown Point jail with (but it is a replica on display), his death pants and a death mask.  It is probably weird that I enjoyed it as much as I did but they did do a very good job of placing the time of Dillinger with news reels and books he would have read and all things 30s.  I recommend it if anyone is coming through northwest Indiana.


We also visited an estate sale shop that I think we book said "oh, look at this" a hundred times and I scored an awesome tin Washington DC date reminder.  Then the thrift store where we found some great craft supplies and a poppy pin that I could not love more.

 Then when my dad got home from work, we went to look at new cells phones... I went in saying that I wasnt going to get an iPhone and walked out with one.... and it is wonderful.  I have been playing an intense amount of cribbage on it. 

The next day I went up to Chicago with my aunt Kathy to go shopping with Annie.  It was the perfect day - Einsteins, (overly caffinated) Target, Old Navy, Gap, Borders... I didnt have an agenda but I did get some good Christmas presents!  Then Reese came back that night and I dont think I let go of her until she went to visit her mom on Tuesday night.  It was nice to have a couple of days to just be Lindsey but nothing beats being Aunt Lindsey!

1 comment: