Saturday, December 7, 2013

Mimmie Visit

My mom has been planning this visit for some time.  She was able to come down on Friday, November 15th and she picked up Reese from preschool.  Then we met at home and went back to my library for the Annual Fall Festival, where we tried pies and chili and bought some crafts.  It was fun to be able to introduce my mom to my work and some of my coworkers.

Saturday we headed to see the Matisse exhibition at the Indianapolis Museum of Art.  There is nothing better than seeing a four-year-old with an audio-guide walking through an exhibition.  She really listened and then would point things out to me.  I love being able to share amazing art with her.

Then we had lunch at the Cafe.


And played in the hands-on kids gallery...

...where they had a huge light bright to play with.

I was also able to see the cousins of some of my Phoenix friends.




My mom threw the leaves in Reese's photo so she wanted to do the same for her Mimmie.

We talked over to see the holiday decorations at the Lilly House.  I love historic homes and this one is gorgeous but Reese was not as impressed.

Then we walked over to the 100 Acre Woods to play on the artwork and find some caches.


On Sunday morning we went over to Potters Bridge.

Meet wormy, who Reese put back on the ground to live a long life despite some tears.


When did it become November already?  Where did all the leaves go?

Then we had lunch at home and headed to Tipton for the Tipton Community Theatre's production of A Christmas Carol.  Reese was so excited to go.  We were able to sit in the front row, right in the middle but after we snacked on punch and cookies at intermission we had to go into the locker rooms at the high school because a crazy storm was coming with tornadoes.  Reese had no idea what was going on and was awesome for the hour we were stuck in there.  Unfortunately, they did not perform the second act of the play so Reese had a cry a little but we did  get tickets to attend a performance the next weekend.  

It was really a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment