Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Hooray for Family Day

I cannot believe it has been a year since our adoption was finalized.  It has been a big year for us.  I cannot believe how far we've come and how much Reese has grown.

I took off the day so we could spend time together and celebrate our family day!

We started out with pancakes at Rosie's on the square in downtown Noblesville.

Reese was a doll and everyone there was fawning over her.

We stopped by The Wild, a children's book and toy store on the square that we love.  Then, we stopped at the post office and the hallmark store.

Next, we stopped into Conner Prairie (I love being members) and were surprised to find that the outside area was still open because they had some field trips.  We spent most of our time watching a woman cook at the inn.  We had a soft pretzel with cheese for lunch then played inside at the discovery enter for a while.


When I count my blessings, I count you twice.

With a rain storm the night of Halloween, we were able to take a nap and eat dinner then get ready for trick or treating.  It worked out perfectly.  Reese could not make up her mind on what to be until she saw that I had picked up some face paint, then it was a vampire for sure.



We headed over to a neighborhood by our apartments where Reese hit about ten houses and then called it.  We were in the middle of a block when she said "okay, I'm done" and that was it.  She jumped on piggyback and off we went.


She thought she hit the jack pot!

That night my dad and Sophia drove in to spend the weekend with us so really this day could not have been any better!  It is going to be hard to top this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment