Thursday, August 29, 2013

Reese Quote

After a lot of conversations over the past couple weeks about how she doesn't want me to be her mom and she wants Mommy Adrienne or Grandpa or Mimmie, I have been pretty exhausted emotionally.  I have been very jealous of mothers who never have this conversation, who never have to convince their child that they are the best person to take care of them and that they love them so much and that other people did not make the right choices and that I was put on this earth to be her mother.  I know that other mothers do have this conversation with their children but I imagine that it happens ten years from now when their child is fourteen not four.  Any-who...

Last night we were talking about it again and I was saying how much I love her and she stopped what she was playing with, looked right into my eyes and said "I will love you forever, until I'm dead and then my heart will still love you."

Thanks, kid, that is just what I needed to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment