Sunday, October 19, 2014

Minnetrista Faerie Sprites Lights

Sheryl, a coworker, told me last year about the faerie event at Minnetrista but we were busy that weekend so this year I planned ahead and left work a little early so that I could take Reese.

It was sprinkling a little but the forest was so dense that we barely felt the rain.

You have to choose which size door you would like to enter through and then magic awaits.




Bubbles and crafts

Music and snacks

Most importantly, faerie houses everywhere.



Minnetrista has a theatre company that has been to the Library a couple times and they did a play that night that we had to watch twice because Reese loved it so much.  I really think she just didn't want to leave.  

Everything was a bit magical and with summer reading, I had been overwhelmed and preoccupied with work. It was nice to have an evening with just the two of us and our imaginations.

Minnetrista is a non-profit at the Ball residence.  The family that made the jars and that the university is named after had this beautiful home and land.  They hold this event every year because of the Ball's daughter (of course I cannot remember her name) who would walk the gardens and dream of the faeries who lived there.  It was a great experience.  I cannot wait to go back next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment