Friday, April 25, 2014

Phoenix 2014

I held this trip very close to my heart so it has taken me a month to be able to share it on here. 

Man, we were ready to get out of the Indiana cold!

So excited!

Never been so happy to see that carpet.

Spent our first afternoon with these two crazy kids.


And we played outside.

"Wait, you can read?!" says Reese to Katherine.

Morning at the DBG

Chihuly



Reese took this one, I think it may be one of the only pictures of me and my bff.

We visited the butterflies.


We always colored eggs with the Waznys so we carried on the tradition a little while before Easter.


The next day we spent the morning at the Museum seeing Hollywood Costume and many old friends.  The girls were not as excited as I was and Amy took them back to the house while I went to food trucks for lunch then spend the afternoon with some amazing artwork.



Then it was happy hour at Angels with the old crew.

And a Diamondbacks baseball game.

I miss them more than words can express.

Then it was Ikea shopping and sprinklers in the yard.


We took some butterflies and a cat to Zoyos.


Lunch and playing at the park. This picture was the hardest thing to take.

I was nervous that this one wouldn't remember or like me but we were the best of friends.

Karen was amazing and drove out to get us from Amy's then turned around not even 24 hours later to take us back. It was great to spend time with Karen and Bob and get to be retired for a little bit.  Hopefully next time we will get to see them for longer.  But we did get In-N-Out on the way back to Amy's and man did it taste good!


The time to leave came much too quickly.  We did grab an AZ mazes book at the airport which just reminded me of all the places in Arizona that I didn't get to take Reese to.

We cried a lot after leaving our amazing friends.  We both miss them terribly.  
July cannot get here soon enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment