Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Irish Cultural Center Library

I am a part of the Maricopa County Library Council and with that they provide tours of libraries around town.  Last Thursday they had a tour of the new McClellan Library at the Irish Cultural Center, where I used to take Irish dance classes and essentially watched them build the Library.  It is made to look like an Irish Castle and the building is just astonishing.  With sound-proof music practice rooms in the basement and a genealogy center on the second floor and an art gallery on the third, it is just beautiful.  

It is located right on Central so the view from the balcony is just amazing!

I'm giving one of these tours in October, which will not be half as amazing but I will say my collection is a little more impressive than the one there!

No comments:

Post a Comment