Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Eric Carle

Last Tuesday I was invited to read a book and do an art project in Reese's class as part of their author study of Eric Carle.  I read The Artist who Painted a Blue Horse, which is about Franz Marc a German abstract expressionist who liked to paint with bright colors and usually included colorful animals in his artwork.

The kids were adorable and Reese was super excited to have me there.  I talked a little about working at a Museum and in a Library then I read the book and had the kids help by shouting out the colors of each animal.

Then we had the kids trace an animal shape and then paint it with crazy colors.  The kids had a great time and so did I.  Sometimes I think I would have been a good preschool teacher then I remember that I would be an even better children's librarian.  Maybe someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment