Tuesday, September 11, 2012

It is official...


...I am the Librarian at Phoenix Art Museum.  I know, I know, you are wondering what I have been doing for the past two years.  I was the Assistant Librarian, assisting no one, but I started before I completed my MLS degree so I understood why.  Finally, I have received a promotion aka title change and can feel a little more comfortable in my role here.

Here is the email sent out from my boss, which was very nice:

As we move into a new season, I am pleased to announce that Lindsey Powers has been promoted from Assistant Librarian to Librarian of the Lemon Art Research Library. Lindsey has earned this new title through significant work to reorganize and streamline processes, find and integrate new resources, and accommodate new audiences through extended Wednesday evening hours. She has participated deeply in the Education Department’s work with K-12 community, generating pathfinders to in-demand information and participating in programs to introduce students and teachers to this valuable resource. She has also developed strong relationships in her professional community.  Please join me in congratulating Lindsey!

And here is the awesome some-ecard I received from a coworker:


1 comment: