Monday, April 23, 2012

Phew

Wow, that was a busy weekend!  Saturday we started with a run to Target, where we bought a new pair of sparkle shoes, golden this time, a pair of flowered keds and a pair of water shoes.  We picked up a couple other things then got back to the house to pick things up and do laundry in preparation of a home visit from both our Indiana and Arizona case workers on Monday.

Reese used her Easter money to buy a slip-and-slide. We tried to use it in the yard but I couldn't get the hose to hook up so really Reese just ran around the yard and I sprayed her with the hose.  Then, she turned it on me.

Sunday did not go as I had planned because Reese woke up at 4am with an ear ache.  I felt so helpless, it was awful.  She went back to sleep for about half an hour.  It seems that sitting up an a dose of Tylenol brought her back to normal.  After a breakfast of cinnamon rolls, Reese went to play at Amy's while I mowed the lawn before the triple digits set in.  Then, were off to a Take Care Clinic at Walgreen's to get Reese's ear looked at but they didn't take Reese's health insurance.  After crying in frustration at Walgreen's, Amy came to the rescue and sent us to the Next Care that is really close to our house.  The people there were so nice and quick, thank goodness.  Above is a picture from the waiting room.  I can honestly day that I am not sure if that finger is Reese's or mine. 

The doc gave her ear a look and said it was a little pink which may be the beginning of an ear infection or she just had some fluid back up and it was up to me.  I picked up the antibiotics so that we have them but last night went well so I haven't given them to her yet.

Nap time yesterday consisted of cleaning the house from top to bottom.  It was an exhausting day.

This morning Reese's Indiana DCS worker flew out, my foster worker and my kinship worker all came for a home visit.  It is always awkward when they come because I am so nervous that I am going to do something wrong.  I am so glad it is over.  Everything went well and Reese was a doll.  She decided that she needed knee socks today... goof!  They were still up to knees over her leggings when I picked her up from school today.

We picked up a pair of toddler scissors at Target so cutting has been pretty hot in our house.  She leaves confetti wherever she goes.

Reese Quotes:  Reese likes to combine words to express her meaning.  She talks about "change money," "cutting scissors" and "Earth planet."  Her vocabulary is so amazing!  I love just talking to her and seeing what she comes up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment